Answered By: Rebecca Goldfinger Last Updated: May 31, 2017 Views: 17
At the moment, the best way to create a list of your favorite databases is to bookmark the permalinks (persistent URLs) for the databases, using your web browser's bookmarking tool.
Here's an example using the Chrome browser:
Suppose I want to bookmark the database Philosopher's Index with Full Text.
1. I select the Databases tab on the Libraries' home page and do my search for Philosopher's Index with Full Text.
2. I click on the "i" next to "Philosopher's Index with Full Text" in order to get the database permalink in the browser bar.
3. I click on the star in the Chrome browser bar to add a bookmark for this database.
4. I currently have bookmarks set to display on my bookmark bar. To change the settings on your bookmark bar (e.g., if you want it to display on your browser at all time or you do not want it to display at all times), click on the 3 horizontal lines icon at the top right in Chrome and click on "Bookmarks", then click on "Show bookmarks bar" to change that setting.
We hope this helps! Thank you for using AskUs!
Other ways to reach us
UMD Ask Us is intended for current UMD faculty, staff and students or for those with questions regarding our unique resources and services.
We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions.
You should receive a response within 2 business days with an answer or a referral to additional resources/department.
- Subject Specialist Appointment