Answered By: Rebecca Goldfinger Last Updated: May 01, 2017 Views: 144
Unfortunately, when we switched from the WorldCat Local to WorldCat Discovery WorldCat UMD interface, we lost the ability to log into WorldCat Discovery and make lists. At this time, only Libraries' staff members may log into WorldCat via the "Staff Sign In" button on the top right. The WorldCat database provider plans to add a library user sign-in in the future, but there is not yet an estimated date for it.
The good news is, you don't need to log into WorldCat to get access to our resources! If you are off-campus and want to access an e-journal, article, e-book, database, or streaming media, here's how to do that:
- Search for the resource you want in WorldCat UMD (the search box on the "Get Started" tab on the Libraries' homepage) or in Database Finder (the search box on the "Databases" tab on the Libraries' homepage).
- Click on your search result.
- Then within the search result, click on the link to the resource.
- You will be prompted to log in with the University of Maryland's Central Authentication System. Log in with your University user name and password to get to the resource.
If you want to make lists of citations, you still can! See this LibAnswer FAQ for more information on how.
Or, if you want to log in to your library accounts from the Libraries homepage, click on "My Accounts" and choose the account you want to log into.
Let us know if you need further help! And thank you for using AskUs!
Other ways to reach us
UMD Ask Us is intended for current UMD faculty, staff and students or for those with questions regarding our unique resources and services.
We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions.
You should receive a response within 2 business days with an answer or a referral to additional resources/department.
- Subject Specialist Appointment