Answered By: Hilary Thompson Last Updated: May 24, 2017 Views: 2721
It is difficult to predict how long it will take for an ILL item to arrive after you have requested it. It depends on a variety of factors, including the format of the item that you have requested, how many libraries own it, the demand for this item, library staffing, and even the distance between the lending library and ours.
Generally speaking, though, you can expect the following:
- Books requested through UBorrow should arrive within 4-7 days.
- Books requested through ILL usually arrive within 1-2 weeks.
- Articles requested through ILL usually arrive within 1-4 days.
- Articles requested through Scan & Deliver should be available within 3 days.
You can always check your ILL Services Account for the status of your item. If you are not sure what a given status means, or if you notice that an item has had the same status for more than a week, you can email the transaction number to us @ email@example.com and ask for an update.
Thank you for using AskUs!
Other ways to reach us
UMD Ask Us is intended for current UMD faculty, staff and students or for those with questions regarding our unique resources and services.
We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions.
You should receive a response within 2 business days with an answer or a referral to additional resources/department.
- Subject Specialist Appointment