Answered By: Kelsey Corlett-Rivera Last Updated: Apr 03, 2017 Views: 53
The University Libraries welcome suggestions and recommendations for new library materials. Please complete the online form to request an addition to the general collection. There is a separate form to suggest audio-visual materials. (Note: it takes staff five business days to process audio-visual requests.)
And please go here to request an addition to the Libraries' Popular Reading Collection.
Before you begin:
- Please check the online catalog to verify that the Libraries do not own the item yet.
- Suggestions from UM faculty, students and staff are given the highest priority.
- If you have a list of titles you wish to request, please consider contacting the Librarian responsible for selecting materials for the subject area. The Directory of Subject Specialists lists Librarians along with their selection areas.
- You can request an Interlibrary Loan for materials that the Libraries do not own. Materials borrowed in this way are usually available within a matter of weeks.
- Subject selectors make the final purchase decisions. Factors that affect the decision include relevance to the curriculum and budgetary constraints.
Thank you for using AskUs!
Other ways to reach us
UMD Ask Us is intended for current UMD faculty, staff and students or for those with questions regarding our unique resources and services.
We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions.
You should receive a response within 2 business days with an answer or a referral to additional resources/department.
- Subject Specialist Appointment