Answered By: Library Services Desk
Last Updated: May 26, 2017     Views: 1171


If the University of Maryland, College Park does not own the book, you have three options.

1. If a USMAI library has a copy, you can click the "Request Item" button in the title's catalog entry and have it sent to the USMAI library of your choice. This generally takes a few business days.



2. If libraries that own this item reads "Held by: Big Ten Academic Alliance," this is a perfect opportunity to use the library's newest service: UBorrow.

UBorrow allows for access to the shared catalog of Big Ten Conference university libraries. Items usually arrive within a week, loan out for 3 months, and have a guaranteed 1-month renewal. To request items from UBorrow, simply search the combined catalog at



3. If both USMAI and UBorrow libraries do not have a copy, but another library does, you can click the "Request Item through Interlibrary Loan" button in the title's catalog entry and ask that the Interlibrary Loan Department send the book to one of the destination libraries on campus. This can take several weeks, depending on where the book comes from.



Please let us know if you have any other questions, and thank you for using AskUs!


Other ways to reach us