Answered By: Library Services Desk Last Updated: Mar 29, 2017 Views: 98
E-book downloading is a complex, multi-headed beast. A list of all of our major eBook collections is available here. Of the three types listed on that page, "Open Access e-Book Collections and Portals" is the most likely to have complete PDF downloads. Of the multi-disciplinary collections:
- World Scientific eBooks has complete PDF downloads, DRM-free.
- eBrary has chapter by chapter downloads, but most downloads are limited to approximately 30% of the content.
- EBSCO eBook Collection offers PDF downloads for many titles, but only for a limited period of time (using Adobe Digital Editions).
- Credo, Gale Virtual Reference Library, and Project MUSE only offer section by section downloading.
In general, collections of scientific or out-of-copyright materials tend to offer the full title in a downloadable format. Others either limit the amount of a book you can download or the time period in which you have access to it.
Please let us know if you have any questions,and thank you for using AskUs!
Other ways to reach us
UMD Ask Us is intended for current UMD faculty, staff and students or for those with questions regarding our unique resources and services.
We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions.
You should receive a response within 2 business days with an answer or a referral to additional resources/department.
- Subject Specialist Appointment