Answered By: Library Services Desk Last Updated: Jun 05, 2017 Views: 139
As a UMBC student, you have full access to the UMCP Libraries, including:
- Loan Period: Same as UMD students/faculty/staff for UMD materials
- Renewals Allowed: Same as UMD students/faculty/staff for UMD materials
- Maximum Loans: Unlimited
- Equipment Loan: N/A
- Interlibrary Loan: Available, but based out of user's home campus
- Scan & Deliver: N/A
- USMAI Privileges: Available
- Remote Access to Databases: Available, but only the databases that the home institution subscribes to are accessible
- Late Night Study: Available. ID Required: University ID from other USMAI campuses. See Late Night Study for details.
However, to use the computers at a UMCP library, you must get a guest account. These are available at the service desk of all eight branches with a valid photo ID (that includes your UMBC ID).
Guest accounts work on Dell public computers only. This means they will not work on the Libraries' Macs or on the UMCP wireless network.
UMBC does subscribe to the Eduroam wireless network service; so if you bring your own laptop, you can use it to access the wireless network; see more details here,
Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for using AskUs!
Other ways to reach us
UMD Ask Us is intended for current UMD faculty, staff and students or for those with questions regarding our unique resources and services.
We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions.
You should receive a response within 2 business days with an answer or a referral to additional resources/department.
- Subject Specialist Appointment