Answered By: Michael Zeliff Last Updated: May 25, 2017 Views: 379
For help with re-opening the ebook, email firstname.lastname@example.org and explain your problem as specifically and as briefly as possible.
The easiest way to access an ebook is to go through the Libraries' WorldCat catalog from our homepage, enter a few words of the title and the author's last name into the search box in the middle, then click on the title in blue and, last, on some variation of View E-book. This procedure should automatically activate whatever software is needed to provide links to individual chapters, etc of the book.
Follow these steps to download EBSCO eBooks onto your computer:
1. Download Abode Digital Editions from http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/. As part of the set-up process, you will need to create an Adobe ID and authorize your computer.
2. Create an EBSCOHost account. Click on the Sign In tab in the upper right corner, then select the Create a New Account link below the University Libraries logo.
3. Navigate to the e-book you would like to download, either through a search in EBSCOHost or via a "Find It" link in the catalog.
4. Select Download This eBook (Offline) from the left column.
5. Sign in to your EBSCOHost account when prompted.
6. Choose "Open with Adobe Digital Editions (default)." The book will then appear in your e-reader.
Thank you for using AskUs!
Other ways to reach us
UMD Ask Us is intended for current UMD faculty, staff and students or for those with questions regarding our unique resources and services.
We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions.
You should receive a response within 2 business days with an answer or a referral to additional resources/department.
- Subject Specialist Appointment