Answered By: Nedelina Tchangalova Last Updated: Oct 07, 2020 Views: 5536
To get started:
- Go to www.gmail.com and click Create account. Open a gmail account with the name of your group (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Visit Google Scholar Profile website and set up the Google Scholar profile for your group using the group email that you have created in the previous step. If you would like to find step-by-step instructions, click the Setup tab on the left-side menu.
- Look for Add co-authors or Edit Co-authors links to add Google Scholar profiles of your group members. Each group member must have a Google scholar profile that is publicly available in order to be found when searching by that person's name.
Once you complete the process you should be able to see a page similar to the UMD Libraries' Google Profile.
Note: Please keep in mind that it takes a while for Google Scholar to crawl the included authors' profiles and display their publications on the departmental profile. For more information on how Google Scholar indexes and crawls the websites/publications, check the Troubleshooting section, or contact them at https://support.google.com/scholar/contact/general.
Other ways to reach us
UMD Ask Us is intended for current UMD faculty, staff and students or for those with questions regarding our unique resources and services.
We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions.
You should receive a response within 2 business days with an answer or a referral to additional resources/department.
- phone icon General Information
- Calendar icon Subject Specialist Appointment
- File icon Research Guides
- Twitter icon icon@AskUMD
- email iconReport a technical issue