Answered By: Sarah Over Last Updated: Sep 23, 2020 Views: 16
When dealing with large numbers of reference records, there can be issues with importing the file into Zotero. To resolve this issue, try implementing any or all of the following:
- Adjust Zotero preferences prior to import:
- Uncheck the boxes to stop synching the references with the cloud
- Do not allow to import PDFs
- Split up the large record file (.ris) into multiple smaller files with less than 1,000 records in each (or smaller).
- Download the records from the database in .bib (BibTeX) instead of .ris as it contains less data fields for each record (only do this if you do not need the extra fields found in .ris files).
If you are still having problems, reach out to your subject specialist.
Other ways to reach us
UMD Ask Us is intended for current UMD faculty, staff and students or for those with questions regarding our unique resources and services.
We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions.
You should receive a response within 2 business days with an answer or a referral to additional resources/department.
- phone icon General Information
- Calendar icon Subject Specialist Appointment
- File icon Research Guides
- Twitter icon icon@AskUMD
- email iconReport a technical issue