Answered By: Library Services Desk Last Updated: Aug 07, 2019 Views: 742
Hello. You may request items from other libraries that are not part of the University System of MD (USMAI) by using Interlibrary Loan. There are two ways to do this:
1. Use WorldCat UMD to find the record for the item that you wish to request. Then under "Check Availability" click the Request Item through Interlibrary Loan button. This will bring you into your ILL Services Account, where you can place the request. Citation information will migrate from the WorldCat record, making it easier to place a request.
2. Log in to your ILL Services Account directly, then manually input the citation.
Thank you for using AskUs!
- "The Library of Congress lends books to other libraries with the stipulation that they be used only inside the borrowing library. This is consistent with LC's own policy which prohibits readers from removing books from the LC reading rooms (except for Congressional use). The policy is also intended to protect borrowing libraries from the negligence of one patron, since one overdue book will suspend all loans to a particular institution."
More on LOC's ILL policy is here: http://www.loc.gov/rr/loan/loanweb1.html
Other ways to reach us
UMD Ask Us is intended for current UMD faculty, staff and students or for those with questions regarding our unique resources and services.
We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions.
You should receive a response within 2 business days with an answer or a referral to additional resources/department.
- phone icon General Information
- Calendar icon Subject Specialist Appointment
- File icon Research Guides
- Twitter icon icon@AskUMD
- email iconReport a technical issue