Answered By: Nedelina Tchangalova Last Updated: Oct 23, 2020 Views: 492
Thank you for contacting UMD Libraries with your question.
Google Scholar is already embedded as a database in Database Finder, which means that it is linked to holdings in our Libraries, including other databases. First, go to lib.umd.edu and click on the Databases tab over the search box. Then, type in Google Scholar in the search box, and hit Enter.
This will produce a link to Google Scholar. Click on that link and do your search; this will connect you to UMD holdings. See the links out to the right of items listed in the search.
In addition, Google Scholar has this feature in its settings. Please follow the steps below:
- Go to Google Scholar: http://scholar.google.com/
- Go to Settings (top right) or the hamburger menu on the top left
- Click on Library Links (left menu)
- Type in College Park
- Check the box for University of Maryland – Find @ UMD
Run a search in Google Scholar. You should be able to see on your right the link Find @ UMD for items we currently have access to.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again through AskUs!
- This set of instructions used to work but in the last month UMCP no longer appears on the list of Google library (though other campuses in the UMD system do). Any idea what is going on here?
- At the moment, Google Scholar is not correctly linking to UMD e-resources. The “Find @ UMD” link is not displaying automatically on campus, and our UMD profile is not available for off-campus users to select in Google Scholar settings.
CLAS is contacting OCLC to notify them of this problem, but we do not yet have an ETA for a fix.
You can find this announcement on the Systems Status Dashboard here: http://umd.libanswers.com/systems/ , and we will post when the linking to UMD is available again, so check back at that link for updates.
- UMD library link no longer appears on library search results on google scholar as of Nov 29, 2018.
- The UMD Libraries are aware of the issue. Please check back at https://umd.libanswers.com/friendly.php?slug=systems for updates.
Other ways to reach us
UMD Ask Us is intended for current UMD faculty, staff and students or for those with questions regarding our unique resources and services.
We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions.
You should receive a response within 2 business days with an answer or a referral to additional resources/department.
- phone icon General Information
- Calendar icon Subject Specialist Appointment
- File icon Research Guides
- Twitter icon icon@AskUMD
- email iconReport a technical issue